Mountainside Senior Center Tea
A group of Emmanuel volunteers have been visiting the residents of Mountainside Senior Living in Crozet twice a month for the past 18 years. Volunteers meet in the dining room of Mountainside at 3:00 pm on the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month (once a month for November and December).
All volunteers bring refreshments and serve the residents with smiles, pats, hugs, and a willingness to listen. Often there is singing by the piano and lots of fellowship.
Some of the residents do not have visitors on a regular basis and this group gives each one something to look forward to. Anyone who loves people and can give an hour twice a month, please join us.
Do you play an instrument or sing? There is a place for YOU in our Emmanuel Mountainside Group – see you there!
For more info please contact Gren King at 434-361-9150 or contact the church office.
About Mountainside Senior Living
Managed by the Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA), Mountainside embraces the philosophy of The Eden Alternative. The Eden Alternative transforms a conventional facility into a human habitat – an environment that is as home-like as possible and incorporates residents fully into the care giving process. Principles of The Eden Alternative include:
- creating a spontaneous environment for residents
- encouraging plants, pets, and visits from children
- providing companionship by promoting contact between residents
- placing the greatest possible decision making power with the residents and those closest to them
- emphasizing the need to improve residents’ quality of life